1. Operate company-owned and leased trucks to facilitate shipping and receiving operations.
2. Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
3. Perform all duties in conformance to DOT standards.
4. Maintain all certifications required by DOT.
5. Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
6. Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve overall team operations.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND TRAINING:
1. Ability to operate equipment in a safe manner at all times.
2. Knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
3. Ability to plan routes to ensure the best use of time and make overnight runs as required by shipping needs.
4. 2 or more years of experience as a Class A CDL truck driver.
5. Flatbed experience preferred (training is available)
6. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, and the general public.
7. Ability to communicate effectively.
8. Ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF THE POSITION:
1. Requires prolonged sitting, driving, talking on a hands-free device, truck vibration, and MHE (material handling equipment) operations.
2. Must be able to strap and tarp loads which may require climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, crawling, walking, and lifting.
3. Must be able to work and drive in severe weather conditions; heat and cold; snow and rain; wet or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles.
4. Must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 60 pounds or more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $900.00 - $1,500.00 per week
Supplemental pay types:
Trucking Driver Type:
Work Location: On the road