The IT Platform Architect is the primary technical designer and architect for the technologies used in the environment. This includes all aspects of server, storage, and database management, including building and deploying servers, allocating virtual resources, evaluating performance requirements, performing performance monitoring and tuning, building deployment plans, evaluating technology and vendor managed services, and consulting with end-users.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform planning, analysis, design, development and testing of new and existing infrastructure systems & Data Centers.
- Design and implement processes and procedures to support disaster recovery and business continuity plans per FDIC guidelines.
- Develop implementation plans to support IT initiatives by diagnosing, researching and resolving complex issues for infrastructure systems. Translate vendor specifications into appropriate system designs.
- Define, maintain, and evolve infrastructure architecture principles, policies and standards.
- Design and maintain standard deployment of corporate VoIP ShoreTel telecomm systems.
- Perform due diligence and design potential integration plans for all new branch acquisitions or installations.
- Develop technology roadmap for all infrastructure levels.
- Lead medium to large technical projects in support of systems, configuring and installing hardware, software, and other components, as well as development and implementation of new technologies.
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Work with Technology Director to analyze bank business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the bank.
- "Sell" the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the bank.
- Design and lead the implementation of an infrastructure architecture strategy based on bank requirements and IT strategies.
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring enterprise application architecture compliance.
- Develop a road map of the evolution of the enterprise infrastructure portfolio from current to future state (as defined by the Technology Director).
- Coordinate application architecture implementation and modification activities.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the application architecture.
- Work closely with the project management office (PMO) to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Incorporates effective change and risk management controls.
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate IT solution risks.
- Insure escalated calls have been handed off to appropriate IT technicians and that the pertinent information is logged within the escalated trouble ticket
- Establishes and drives the Change Management, Incident Management and other processes and frameworks of ITIL.
- Creating and maintaining client relationships with bank service users.
- Keeps abreast of new procedures and technology implemented by the technology department
- Demonstrated ability to work with all personnel responsible for or using the computer systems as well as third party vendors
- Ensure that all software is legal. Report any instances of abuse to management
- Provide customer support to all departments in the bank relating to technology issues as assigned or as related to service catalog.
- Remotely assist employees with technology problems when necessary
- 10 years' experience in a multiple vendor information systems infrastructure environment that is supported 24x7.
- Must have hands on experience in VMware, MS Exchange and MS Active Directory experience.
- Must have hands on experience working with Pure SAN.
- Must have hands on experience in managing Cisco technology in switching and firewall.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, software, protocols, and standards.
- Working knowledge in the following areas:
- VMware Infrastructure administration and maintenance.
- Citrix Workspace Suite
- HP Servers/Laptops/Desktops/Thin Clients.
- Pure SAN and Veeam
- WAN network optimization using Cisco/Fortinet.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of operating systems OS workstations and servers.
- VOIP using ShoreTel
- Telecommunications & MPLS technology.
- Detailed knowledge of current technologies and developments in the IT industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to grasp new concepts quickly and have the desire to learn new skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal and interpersonal skills are a must as is the ability to embrace change in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Experience with server hardware, Window/Linux network OSs, SAN storage systems, virtual server platforms, disk to disk backup systems, messaging systems, data center facility management (power, AC, server configurations), system management tools, desktop management systems, WANs, LANs, Security, IP, DNS, DFS, DHCP etc.
- Working knowledge of routing, mass storage, clustering, mail routing protocols, load-balancers, capacity planning
- ITIL certification desired.
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations and prospective facilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports and present recommendations to the senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees, vendors, and management.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
We will be honest in all that we do.
We will conduct ourselves in a professional, dignified manner.
We will always treat our customers with respect.
Must be courteous and respectfully of all customers and employees.
We will treat co-workers, peers, and vendors with the same degree of respect and consideration we give our customers and expect for ourselves.
We will maintain a cheerful positive attitude about our bank, industry, peers, customers, and supervisory personnel.
Attempt to return all phone calls the same day as they are received.
We will conduct an informal performance appraisal of all personnel reporting directly to you quarterly and a detailed performance review annually.
We will see that all supervisory personnel under your supervision conduct the same type of review on personnel they supervise.
We will keep confidential information confidential.