Provides administrative support to Human Resources personnel primarily in the areas of payroll processing, file maintenance, data entry, benefit administration, employee recognition programs and other areas as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, tracks and files all current and terminated personnel records including all paper documents as well as electronic files including all required I-9 forms.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records including but not limited to payroll records, employee medical files and performance records.
- Performs data entry and file maintenance of various databases, including resumes/applications, to ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Assists employees with unlocking their Kronos payroll user accounts.
- Serves as a backup to the primary payroll processor. Accurately processes payroll transactions which includes new hires, terminations, and employee transfers, leaves of absence, pay increases, time adjustments, garnishments, tax withholdings and insurance adjustments.
- Responsible for assisting with various regulatory reporting requirements including but not limited to filing all state, federal and local tax filings and payments.
- Assists with processing W-2 forms annually.
- Assists with processing and reconciling designated accounts as well as specific duties as related to various insurance plans, 401k plan, and vendor payments.
- Answers employee questions concerning benefits within designated scope of authority; refers to various resources for information as needed.
- Completes verifications of employment on former and active employees.
- Supports the administration of various employee benefit programs.
- Assists Human Resources personnel with exit interviews, terminations of benefit programs and record retention as prescribed by regulatory requirements.
- Processes all COBRA notifications within the acceptable time constraints as defined by regulatory requirements. Assists with other aspects of legal compliance.
- Prepares and distributes service awards, new hire welcome bags/materials, etc.
- Publishes, maintains, and modifies appropriate personnel manuals, employee directory, etc. as designated
- Assists employees with enrollment in various programs.
- Supports the interview and selection process by posting jobs in appropriate forums, screening resumes/applications, scheduling appointments and conducting pre-employment testing and background checks as needed.
- Works with Human Resources personnel to recommend appropriate changes in personnel systems and procedures to promote greater efficiency, cost savings, or other benefits for the company and employees.
- Assists educating employees on personnel policies and employee benefit programs as needed.
- Provides assistance to Human Resources personnel in other areas including but not limited to legal compliance, performance management, employee retention and recruitment.
- Also provides feedback on employee morale to the Human Resources Director.
- Assist department personnel with various projects and initiatives as designated.
- Performs any other duties assigned by supervisor.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Prefer a minimum of four years college in human resources management/accounting or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years of human resources/payroll experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of employment law and other issues relative to human resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Requires a significant level of diplomacy, tact and the ability to work effectively with employees, managers and others outside of the company.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and various payroll software, more specifically Kronos.
- Flexible to work outside of normal banking hours when necessary.
- Ability to handle and produce accurate work within a specified time frame.
- Demonstrates proficiency and commitment to excellence in performance of duties.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
Must follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all areas of responsibilities so they are completed in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Acceptable attendance and reporting to work in a timely manner.
- Ability to convey a positive, professional work-environment to all co-workers, applicants, customers and vendors.
- Must be alert in all job functions.
- Must be courteous and respectful of all customers and employees.