This position involves administering IFDC's recruitment function. Duties may involve:
- Design, create and lead an innovative recruitment strategy and process, to support the four IFDC divisions in USA, Africa and Asia.
- Develop and lead data-driven recruitment campaigns ranging from entry level to senior expat professionals, which result in optimized full-cycle recruitment.
- Senior focal point, recruiter and member of proposal teams of Business Development recruitments for proposals awaiting donor approval, with short turnaround times
- Reengineer and lead the full-cycle recruitment process and create practical process maps, policies and instructions to standardize processes and reduce loops at the level of operations
- Advise and work in partnership with Business Development and technical teams, planning the workforce, effectively supporting staffing, negotiation, and candidate selection processes for proposal development and project implementation efforts.
- Establish a strong advisory role and rapport with hiring managers to understand their strategic hiring needs, requested profile, selection criteria, priorities, and constraints; to help the organization recruit and retain top talent.
- Design, promote, market and launch social media initiatives, to create an online presence and better attract talents in country and internationally in close contact with Global Corporate Communication
- Utilize online and in-person sourcing techniques to attract and build pipelines of essential talent for IFDC’s projects.
- Apply continuous candidate engagement techniques to stay informed about candidates in the talent pool.
- Design workforce planning, and develop staffing sections for proposal submission, including personnel skills matrices, tailoring of candidates’ resume and qualifications, and provide other written inputs as needed.
- Manage recruitment administration, data collection, and HR compliance for each candidate by tracking communications and filing staffing documentation.
- Train and mentor colleague recruiters and train hiring managers within IFDC in full-cycle recruitment and staff career development
- Oversee the recruitment process and assure quality assurance of a full-cycle recruitment process by the team within IFDC
- Serve as IFDC representative to outside organizations (e.g., community functions, professional and trade associations).
This position requires a general knowledge of talent acquisition and a detailed understanding of recruitment trends, technology, and practices. This job may involve the following:?
- Broad knowledge of recruiting, human resources, and business management
- Proficient in organizing augmented full-cycle hiring plans for various levels of positions
- Knowledge of HR systems including online recruiting, onboarding/orientation
- Expertise in evaluating employment factors such as education, skills, experience, knowledge, and abilities
- International development experience preferred.
- Outstanding social media skills and strategies.
- Excellent oral and written intercultural communication skills.
- Productivity and delivery– self-motivation, priority setting, multi-tasking.
- Proactiveness in seeking and recommending creative solutions to challenges.
- High level analytical skills and an eye for detail that is necessary to evaluate candidates critically.
- Demonstrated leadership and versatility.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or other related discipline with at least 5-7 years of relevant recruiting experience
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
This position requires an innovative and creative HR background, detailed knowledge of recruiting processes and techniques, and business advisory mind set, along with proficiency in the use of applicant tracking technology and interpersonal skills. Analytical skills and judgement are needed to understand job qualifications and candidate fit for a position.
This position is responsible for the IFDC recruitment strategy, process and quality assurance, advising, mentoring colleagues and making daily recruitment function and personnel decisions (e.g., rollout of full-cycle, social media campaigns, administering recruitment practices, identifying candidate screening techniques). This position has a flexible set of objectives for the recruitment function at IFDC and primarily works on their own, interacting with the recruitment colleagues and hiring managers, to deliver high quality recruitment services for the internal clients. Frequently, special assignments are requested as senior focal point for Business Development. This position is a strategic advisor and quality assurance officer for the recruitment function to the global HR manager. Errors, if not detected, may result in miscommunication of information to the candidate or selection of candidates who are not properly suited for the position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
The incumbent interfaces with international candidates, hiring managers, recruiting resources for job postings, and coworkers to explain requirements of the position and persuade candidates to consider joining IFDC.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires a high flexibility, availability, short delivering timelines, working in a normal office/home environment with no unusual demands or exposure to hazardous situations.